Historical Preservation Subcommittee
The Historic and Cultural Preservation Subcommittee’s main objective is to strengthen civic and cultural pride by developing programs to educate the public regarding the history of the Cedar Park area and to establish and develop a preservation ethic within the community.
Members: The Subcommittee is comprised of three members currently serving on the Tourism Advisory Board. Members are residents of the City of Cedar Park, and can be removed from the board at the will of Council.
Terms: Two (2) Year Term or until their successor is appointed. Vacancies shall be filled for an unexpired term in the manner in which the original appointments are required to be made.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying, click here.
Our Goals & Objectives
- Protect, enhance and perpetuate resources that represent distinctive and significant elements of the city’s historical, social, cultural, architectural and archaeological heritage for present and future residents.
- Support the efforts of private groups and businesses in preserving, maintaining and rehabilitating historic sites and structures.
- Provide a review process for the continued preservation and appropriate development of the city’s historical resources that will not only preserve the past but also enhance the city’s attractions to promote business and stimulate tourism.
- Maintain an effective partnership with state and federal agencies for historic preservation activities.
- Seek additional sources of funding and technical assistance for historic preservation activities.
- Strengthen civic and cultural pride by developing programs to educate the public regarding the history of the Cedar Park area and to establish and develop a preservation ethic within the community.